Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cloud Computing - and Complex Nonlinear Systems

Cloud Computing Course - Fall, 2010 - George Mason University


A little over a year ago, Jenn, a dear friend and colleague, told me, "Alianna, this work needs to be done on a cloud. And the best way to go is to use the Google App Engine cloud and Python as the programming language."

At that time, I didn't know the first thing about the Google App Engine, Python, or anything else that was cloud-related. But within a few days, I committed to this as the "best way to go," And by the end of the week, I had lined up a commitment to teach Python (as a programming language) and the Google App Engine (as a cloud platform) in a cloud computing class that I would teach at Marymount, in the fall of 2009.

Now, I'll be teaching a greatly upgraded version of this course at George Mason University, in the Applied IT Department, during the fall of 2010 (Wednesdays at 4:30PM, Prince William Campus). Once again, my own cloud computing website will be the "home" for all the goodies - links to the best articles and references, and my entire "programming to the Google App Engine cloud" book-on-the-web.

Today, I'll be listening to Thomas Bittman's (from Gartner) discussion of virtualization to private clouds. He's got a number of YouTube links available - I'll screen them and put the best links on my cloud computing website. See you there!

No comments: